Daycare billing can be a painful and time consuming task. In an ideal world, daycare programs would spend less time tracking invoices and chasing down parents, and more time creating a quality daycare.
Thankfully, Kinderlime, the leading child care management software, is here to make the daycare billing process a little more manageable.
When it comes to daycare parents, there are two kinds –
1. The Angels: These are the parents that pay tuition on time and almost never pick up their child late. These parents also attend school events, and are truly involved in your daycare.
2. The Runners: These are the parents you constantly chase to collect tuition or after school payments. These are also the the parents who never read notices.
The runners are what makes daycare billing a challenge. Runner seek more time to pay tuition, and don’t want to pay late fees. As a business owner, you want to keep these conversations short and pleasant, but as you may know, this is often much easier said than done.
But, At some point you need to ask yourself…
Why did I start working in child care?
Was it to run after parents to collect tuition?
Or, was it to provide a safe and nurturing environment for your parents kids?
How to Take the Pain out of Daycare Billing
You want to spend less time creating and collecting invoices, but how? Kinderlime’s child care management and daycare billing software will help take the load off of you.
The sign in out system keeps parent disputes to a minimum. Instead of trying to decipher scribbles on a paper sign in sheet, your reports are replaced with an electronic sign in out app that records and tracks your attendance records.
The electronic billing allows you to go paperless and start electronic payments. Parents can enter their bank account or credit card details, helping you stay in control of their payments. Alternatively parents can pay online themselves after they receive an invoice from you. With Kinderlime, the electronic payments are automatically transferred to the daycare’s bank account.
Kinderlime gives you flexibility – you are free to do contract billing or time clock based billing. In contract billing, you can choose if you want weekly or monthly invoices sent out to parents. In time clock based billing – you can charge the parents by the hour or the number of days their children spend in your child care program.
Electronic payments for after school / child care billing gives you the following advantages –
1. No paperwork – Less time. Big savings. You don’t have to do any paperwork and tracking . Kinderlime typically saves half an accountant and half an office manager. Savings are from creating invoices, maintaining excel, chasing parents and doing the trip to the bank
2. You are in control. Always have payments on time
3. Accurate. Let Kinderlime do the work for you in calculating the charges for contract or time clock based billing
If you do want to see how you can free yourself from paper chores and arguments with parents, request a demo to go paperless.